The Work at Height Regulations apply to all work at height where there is a risk of a fall liable to cause personal injury.
it is essential that all persons undertaking work at height, such as inspections, maintenance and repair work on adventure structures have the required theoretical knowledge and practical experience to undertake the work safely .
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to access structures normally found in the adventure industry such as climbing walls, ropes courses, zip wires, giant swings, individual roped elements and man made structures, in order to comply with the regulations.
The course syllabus includes;
- Working at height legislation
- An understanding of regulations such as LOLER, PUWER, PPE and Health and Safety at work.
- Selection of equipment
- Ascending Ropes
- Descending Ropes
- Traversing Horizontally on beams, structures and wires.
- Basic Rescue techniques. (Advanced rescue techniques are covered in our rescue course.)
- Minimum age: 18
- Hold an in-date First Aid certificate
- Must be confident at height
- Good physical condition, able to partake in the activity
- General Knowledge of roped activities would be beneficial.
Minimum duration 3 days, including assessment.
Minimum of 4 candidates.
Cost: £350 per person (+VAT)
For further details regarding training courses, to book onto a course or for staff training at your own centre, please contact us.
Available upon request.