Technical Outdoor Solutions inspections are accredited by:
Do you own any of the following facilities:
High ropes course…Low ropes course…Zip line…Giant Swing…Adventure park…Assault courses…Abseiling tower…?
Time and usage both take their toll on the elements of a course and, if unchecked, could result in accident and injury.
As an operator it is your legal responsibility to ensure that your facility is safe and fit for purpose.
Your obligations with regards to course inspections include:
Routine visual check
This should be carried out prior to each session by the centre instructors. This is intended to identify hazards that can result from vandalism, use or weather conditions.
This is a more detailed inspection and should be carried out every 1-3 months or as per manufacturers’ instruction (usually monthly) by an appropriately trained member of staff or independent assessors such as Technical Outdoor Solutions. An Operational Inspection involves accessing all areas of the course including checking the condition of cables, the wear of moving parts and sharp edges.
This covers visual inspections and operational/functional inspection as well as the following:
- Functional test carried out at height by an inspector – practical test of elements to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Assessment of worn components and requirements for their replacement
- Verify that all manufacturer’s/supplier’s instructions for maintenance have been carried out
- Check the current arboreal assessment to ensure that all trees used as a support system have been judged safe to use (if applicable)
- Verify that a PPE inspection report / log exists
This should be carried out at least once per year by an Inspector or Body. This covers visual inspections, functional inspections as well as establishing a timetable for replacing worn components.
Technical Outdoor Solutions carry out Independent Inaugural Inspections, ERCA standard Periodical Inspections, Operational Inspections or can train members of your own staff to do this. If training your own staff to conduct operational assessments, it is imperative that they are given the support and authority to report defects and arrange appropriate maintenance.
To discuss your individual needs or for advice, please contact us and we can arrange a meeting.