The ERCA Conversion Course is designed for anybody who has significant experience in operating traditional ropes courses and significant rescue experience and knowledge of various rescue techniques. A traditional ropes course is a course with activities such as Jacob’s Ladder, Leap of Faith, High All Aboard, Crate Challenge, etc. Typically these courses use an assisted belay system.
This course meets the standard for a person to be qualified as a European Ropes Course Association (ERCA) Traditional High Ropes Course Instructor set out in EN15567 part 2.
The course will cover subjects through both practical and theory sessions to enable the group to cover the entire syllabus.
We will ensure that you have up-to-date awareness of industry regulations and how they affect you, in addition to advice on maintenance, inspections and equipment.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Hold an in-date First Aid certificate
- Must be confident at height
- Good physical condition, able to partake in the activity
- Significant prior experience on various high ropes courses and rescue techniques
- Duration: Minimum 2 days, including assessment
- Location: Technical Outdoor Solutions or client venue
- Cost: £199+vat pp (at Technical Outdoor Solutions)
- Certification: ERCA Certificate
- Minimum numbers for course to run: 4
For further details regarding training courses, to book onto a course or for staff training at your own centre, please contact us.
Please see our Training Courses 2020 page for courses ran at our base in Penrith.