The Technical Outdoor Solution Wood Pole Inspector Course is highly recommended if you are carrying out operational inspections of your ropes course safety wires and zip lines. It is also one of the courses which would increase relevant knowledge on the career path to become a professional ERCA Inspector.
This course covers all of the aspects required to become a ‘Competent Person’ for the inspection of wood poles used in ropes courses and zip wires and satisfies the requirement of EN 15567 – Ropes Courses – Operational Inspections.
We will ensure that you have up to date awareness of industry regulations and how they affect you in addition to advice on maintenance, inspections and equipment.
Course content includes:
- Structure and function of wood
- Mechanical properties of wood
- Natural durability of wood
- Wood preservation
- Types of wooden poles for ropes courses
- Wood degradation and decay
- Inspection of wooden poles and wooden parts
- Discard criteria of wooden poles
- The use of wooden poles in ropes course construction
- Loads in wooden poles
- Treatments to reinforced poles
The course will include theory and practical, hands on sessions. The course will be assessed by a theory paper and practical inspection of wood poles.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
Minimum duration 3 days, including assessment.
Min 4 persons for course to run.
Cost: £750 per person (+VAT)
For further details regarding training courses or to book onto a course, please contact us.
Please see our Training Courses page for course dates.