This course provides attendees with a broad understanding of the skills and techniques required to carry out operational inspections of ropes courses to comply with EN15567:2015 part 2—Operational Requirements.
Operational inspections must be carried out by a competent person at least every three months, or as indicated by the manufacturer’s instructions and are intended to be more thorough than a routine (visual) inspection. They are primarily intended to identify structural deterioration that might be missed on a day-to-day basis.
Attendees will already be Ropes Course Instructors or have sufficient experience of working at height.
Course content includes
- Wire rope and timber inspection
- Safe rope access
- LOLER – where relevant
- The Law and your responsibilities for your facility
- Record keeping – helping you update relevant paperwork
- When to retire equipment – how to do this safely and replacement
- Rope course components and tolerances
- Working at Height including safe methods of accessing
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Must be trained or qualified in rescue
- Hold an in-date First Aid certificate
- Must be competent at height
- Good physical condition, able to partake in the activity
- Have knowledge of basic accessing techniques
This is a five day training course held at our training venue in Penrith, Cumbria.
Cost: £500 per person (+VAT)
Certification: Technical Outdoor Solutions Certificate
Minimum 3 persons for course to run.
For further details regarding training courses, to book onto a course or for staff training at your own centre please contact us.
8th – 12th Jan 2018
23rd – 27th April 2018
4th – 8th June 2018
17th – 21st Sept 2018
5th – 9th Nov 2018