Many current UK regulations, including Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment regulations 1998 and Working at Height Regulations 2005 and (amendment) 2007, require all personal protective equipment (PPE) and working at height equipment to be inspected at regular intervals by a ‘Competent person’.
This RoSPA approved PPE inspector course is designed to give each delegate the knowledge and skills to form a judgement on the condition of an item of equipment and determine if it is serviceable.
Course content includes
- Selection of Equipment
- Management Systems
- Inspection of various items such as harnesses, helmets, descenders, connectors
- Failure Criteria
- Test Rigg demonstrations showing the failure point of items in certain conditions.
- Corrective Actions
- Recording of Inspections
The course will include hands on inspections of a variety of equipment available on the market.
The examination process includes a theoretical paper and a practical assessment.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Experience in the use of a range of pieces of PPE and Fall Protection Equipment
- Duration: Minimum 3 days, including assessment
- Location: Technical Outdoor Solutions base in Penrith, Cumbria
- Cost: £299.00 per person +VAT
- Refresher Cost: £150 per person +VAT
- Certification: RoSPA approved Certificate
- Minimum numbers for course to run: 4
For further details regarding training courses, to book onto a course or for staff training at your own centre, please contact us.
Please see our Training Courses 2021 page for courses ran at our base in Penrith.