The Wood Pole Inspector course is designed for those who are undertaking inspection of wooden poles within a ropes course environment.
The Course provides information and guidance for inspectors and constructors, regarding the selection, inspection, repair and discard criteria for wooden poles and wooden parts within ropes courses.
Course content includes
- Structure and properties of wood
- Natural durability of wood
- Wood preservation
- Types of wooden poles for ropes courses; including pole specification and species of poles
- Wood degradation and decay
- Inspection methods
- Pole inspection reporting and recording
- Discard criteria of wooden poles
- Treatment, maintenance and repair or wooden poles
The course includes theory and hands on practical sessions, ending with a theoretical question paper and practical assessment.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Experience of carrying out Operational Inspections
- Able to demonstrate safe accessing at height
Minimum duration 3 days, including assessment.
Cost: £450 per person (+VAT).
For further details regarding training courses or to book onto a course, please contact us.